3/30 - My pal, Toney, and I went to see the new Ridley Scott post-apocalyptic flick, The Dog Stars, tonight at the AMC Theaters in Antioch. Toney's been bragging about how nice these theaters are so I thought I'd give it a look. And, yes, they are very nice, but the drive is a bit of a nag. I loved the book this movie is based on, so I was not sure how this adaptation was going to be, but Ridley's one of my favorite directors, so I was hopeful. It turned out to be fantastic! It followed the book very well, but with some added dimensions that I really thought were great. That's pretty rare when the movie is just a little better than the book. Beforehand, I got some pool time in along with a cold can of the excellent Zombie Ice (2025) from 3 Floyds Brewing (IN). This was my last brew from my most recent BeerBox.com order. |
No comments:
Post a Comment