Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday - August 27th - Adelaide, Australia


Ashlee and I moved on in our vacation today to the state of South Australia and the city of Adelaide. While walking around Adelaide we stopped at the Austral Hotel/Pub and I had my first draught of Cooper's Dark Ale which is brewed here in the area. Excellent taste and body. Drank it with an order of Australian "wedges" which are thick-cut steak fries served with a chili and sour cream dipping sauce. Yummy.

Later that afternoon down at the beach area of Glenelg I had a Cooper's Pale Ale draught at the Jetty Hotel/Bar and it was pretty good. Probably the best Pale Ale I have had in Australia so far. That evening I almost hit for the "Cooper Cycle" ( didn't get the chance to try the Mild Ale) having a bottle of Sparkling Ale. This one was different and I actually really liked it despite being skeptical. Thanks to my wife's long hours of work on the road in Memphis and Little Rock, Arkansas, for getting us enough Hilton points to get access to the Executive Lounge at the Adelaide Hilton where I was able to have a complimentary Sparkling Ale since it was the only choice other than a nasty Hahn Lager...yeeech.

No comments: