Friday, October 29, 2010

New Autumn Brews

I am having a great fall so far this year and much of that happiness comes from some good, new (to me) seasonal beer that I have been having. Here's a quick run-down:

Dogfish Head Punkin Ale: I had this at WOW Wingery in Mt. Juliet as part of their "Drink the Wall" quest that I am currently on (see previous blog). They served it in a glass rimmed with brown sugar and the results were phenomonal. The brewers from Maryland do it right again.

I got a growler of Terrapin Pumpkinfest Ale at the Mt. Juliet Beer Company (MJBC). Amazing aroma and taste of all the spices of the season. This Athens, GA, product has been my (and my wife's) favorite so far of the fall brews.

I recently got a growler of Yazoo Fallfest Ale as well from the MJBC. Although not as good as the Terrapin product, it was still a good variation and worth carrying this Nashville-produced product to a BYOB Halloween party that my wife and I attended.

No comments: