Sunday, December 12, 2010

Beer Tree '10

"Oh, beer tree, oh beer tree...you're gonna make me a fat-teeee"

Well, it's the holiday season once again and the 2nd Annual Beer Tree is now up at our house. The finished product looked pretty good I thought. This year's beer selection for our holiday party were from bottom to top:

Terrapin Moo Hoo Milk Chocolate Stout - delicious! the folks in Athens, GA, score big again! And I don't mean The Bulldogs!

Brooklyn Winter Ale - this Scottish-style ale is a solid contribution from the New Yorkers

Winter Hook - With a 42 IBU, these babies are smooooth. Nice job, Washingtonians!

Harpoon Winter Warmer - I got the nutmeg flavor, but my palette doesn't pick up the cinnamon...yet. Gotta keep working on it!! This is the Boston-based brewery's flagship seasonal beer and they have a right to be proud of it. Excellent holiday beer.

BBC Bourbon Barrel Stout - Not new to me, but one of my favorites from the beloved Bluegrass Brewing in Louisville. It was a great surprise early Christmas present from my wife that I was kind enough to share with our guests...after I had one, of course...hey, it's only a four-pack!!

Other highlights on the tree was an empty can of 21st Amendment Brew Free or Die IPA (to the right of the Harpoon carton) that my wonderful wife brought me back from California after a recent trip. A "Save Cummins Falls" bumper sticker near the top to go along with the theme of our holiday party to raise a little money for a great cause. My old beat-up beloved Harpoon IPA hat serves as the tree topper. I also put Christmas ball ornaments in the beer cartons which are hard to see in the photo above but I thought it was kind of cool and festive....ok, and maybe a little gay....not that there's anything wrong with that....

Cheers and Happy Holidays!!

No comments: