Thursday, March 17, 2011

Beer Updates

I have lagged behind on my beer blogging (but not my beer consuming). Here's a few updates:


For St. Paddy's day (March 17) I had a pint bottle of BBC's Professer Gesser's India Pale Ale which was a Christmas present from Ashlee. I enjoyed it out on the patio as I watched some March Madness On Demand on my laptop. Pretty sweet!

I also cracked a BBC Homewrecker Double IPA pint bottle in March which was also Christmas present from Ashlee. Thanks, babe. both were great!

I now have a growler full of beer bottle caps (photo above). Now what the hell do I do with them? I tried a beer cap string of tinsel for my beer-themed Christmas tree in December, but it did not work out too well. More on this later....


I shared a six-pack of Little Hump Pale Ale - a seasonal from Highland Brewing in Asheville -with my friends, Chris and Craig, as we tailgated before the US Mens Soccer game at LP Field in Nashville in late March.


I had a 12 oz. draught of Lucky Bucket IPA at 12th Street South Taproom in downtown Nashville.


I finished a six pack of cans of Snapperhead IPA from Butternuts Brewing in New York


I had my first birthday presents from my friend, Mel, in New Zealand. A pint bottle of Green Man Brewing Strong, an organic bock from the Kiwi brewery, and a pint of Emerson's Taieri George, a spicy ale product of New Zealand. I have a couple more to try and am really looking forward to them. Thanks so much, Mel!!


I had a 12 oz. draught of Terrapin Brewing's Monk's Revenge Belgian IPA at Flying Saucer in downtown Nashville recently. It was more Belgian than IPA and I wasn't overly impressed.


I stopped by Blackstone Brewing in downtown Nashville the other day and had a 10 oz. draught of the American Pale Ale (cask-conditioned). It was very good. I followed that with a 10 oz. draught of their Nut Brown Ale which wasn't bad either. Haven't been here in a while. I always forget about this place when it comes to Nashville beer.


I had a 12 oz. draught of JuJu Ginger Beer from Left Hand Brewing (Colorado) at dinner at Rumba Restaurant in Nashville the other night. Not a big ginger beer fan (my wife loves it), but it went well with my Asian-style fish dish.

No comments: