Friday, June 24, 2011

BEEReno 911

Favorite that I tried was the Ichthysaur IPA, just say "gimme an Icky," Also tried Risky Biscuit Barley Wine - 4 oz. sample - first time for me and barley wine - not my thing, Also had Whoop Ass Wit w/ an orange slice (4 oz. sample), and the Slam Dunkel (4 oz. sample).  Great place in downtown Reno.

Also in downtown Reno, my favorite was their IPA with an honorable mention to their Rye Knot Pale Ale.  This is a beautiful facility with a roof patio with great views of the Sierra Nevada Mountains ringing the city.

I won this tasty IPA (or the money to pay for it at least) playing video blackjack at Silver Peak Brewing.  Ah, only in Nevada!

I would follow you anywhere, sir.  Great craft brewing company out of Oregon.

Buckbean Brewing Company, Reno, Nevada.  I bought what I thought was a 4-beer sampler from Groupon.com for $10.  Turns out it was a 16-count pint-can sampler box!  I had to buy an extra bag to get them all home!!

Have no fear Chris and Tarryn, the place is still here!


The Brewery at Lake Tahoe - Whiteout Wit and Killebrew Brown Ale were their seasonals on their 9 beer sampler paddles.
 
Ashlee clutching her Sierra Nevada Glissade Golden Bock at the outdoor bar
at Heavenly Ski Resort in South Lake Tahoe at 10,000 feet plus
A very good restaurant/brewery just over the California state line.  I enjoyed their Pale Ale, but my favorite beer was a Red Chair Northwest Pale Ale (NWPA) from Deschutes Brewing in Oregon which they had as a guest tap.  Did I mention half pints are the best thing ever invented for counting calories and for safe driving?


No comments: