Thursday, October 31, 2013

More litte trips: Nashville Beer, Blue Ridge Beer, St. Augustine Beer

NASHVILLE, TN

August 9, 2013:

I went to see Elysium on the IMAX and a midnight showing of Aliens at The Belcourt Theatre with my nephew, Matt.  In between shows we stopped at a new beer bar in The Gulch in downtown Nashville called Hops and Crafts.  There I had a draught of Thunder Ann Pale Ale by Nashville's own Jackalope Brewing which operates just around the corner from this place.  We stopped at Belcourt Taps just across from the theater next, and I had the latest Hops Project from Yazoo Brewing here in Nashville on draught, as well as a Mayday Brewing (in nearby Murfreesboro, TN) Evil Octopus Stout.

August 21 - I got a growler of Turtle Anarchy Portly Stout out of nearby Franklin, TN, from MJBC for our annual fantasy football draft.  My friend, Nate, brought over a six-pack of Lagunitas Brewing's (CA) Undercover Investigation Shutdown Ale (nice and hoppy) in bottles and I had one of those also.

I had several Schlafly (St. Louis) APA (American Pale Ale) draughts which came with our VIP seating at Live on the Green in Nashville on August 22.

BLUE RIDGE, GEORGIA

We took a road trip down to Blue Ridge, Georgia, for a helicopter ride via Groupon.com and while in the quaint little town we stopped by the fairly new Blue Ridge Brewery and tasted their sampler which included their Hiwassee Golden Ale, Blue Ridge Blood (red ale), IPA, Sandy Bottom Ale and Dark Hollow Stout.  All were pretty good and their food was outstanding.  A return visit to this neat area and nice brewery is a must!



Buzzing the runway in Blue Ridge Georgia in a helicopter.  Awesome ride!

ST. AUGUSTINE, FLORIDA

September 13, 2013:  My wife, Ashlee, and I and a couple friends drove down to St. Augustine, Florida, to catch a stop of "The Gentlemen of the Road" Tour by Mumford and Sons.  While in town, we had a tasty dinner and some pretty good beer at A1A Ale Works In true fashion I had the Porpoise Point IPA which was better than average..
 ADDENDUM:  Chattanooga, TN - on our way down to St. Augustine, we stopped in Chattanooga for a birthday dinner for Ashlee and her twin sister, Paige, at The Brewhaus where I had the Stone 17th Anniversary Gotterdammerung IPA (California) and the Bell Ringer American Strong Ale (RJ Rockers Brewing - Spartanburg, SC).

No comments: