Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Back Home - Back to More Great Beer

Back Home - Back to More Great Beer

July 19 - It was poker night again at my local club here in Lebanon,  so I stopped by the Mt. Juliet Beer Company and got a few newbies to take with me to the table.  I had a Codachrome spiced beer from Singing River (AL) a Low Key session IPA from Magic Hat (VT) and a Space Fruit pale ale from Devil's Backbone (VA).  And my favorite hand (33) struck again as my set of three's served as a knock-out tonight.


July 21 - On our way to see the new Star Trek Beyond in IMAX at Opry Mills tonight we stopped at Homegrown Taproom for some dinner and a few brews.  I had the Heritage Helles lager from Little Harpeth here in Nashville and a Hilltop IPA from Core Brewing (AR).

July 22 - Before a Michael Franti concert tonight we had dinner at the Holland House in East Nashville where I had a Indian Brown Ale from Dogfish Head (MD)

July 26 - My friend, Quentin, invited me to a sneak-peek showing of Jason Bourne tonight.  It was a pretty darnn good flick especially the car chase through Las Vegas which was very timely given my recent trip there.  Afterwards, I stopped by the 12 South Taproom for a couple of draughts including the Alternate Takes # 1 double IPA from Dogfish Head (MD) and the Pranqster Belgian-style blonde ale from North Coast Brewing (CA).  


July 29 - Ashlee and I had a great dinner at a fairly new Indian place in Nashville called  The Chauhan Ale and Masala House where I had the Saffron Cardamom IPA which is made for exclusively for them by Cool Springs Brewing in nearby Brentwood.  It is my understanding that the brewer of this particular beer has moved on to open his own microbrewery, Mantra Ales, over in Franklin which has been producing some great stuff including the Amour Rouge Flemish-style red ale which I had next.


July 31 - Bought a variety six-pack from the Mt. Juliet Beer Company for a weekend home at the pool and the line-up went as follows:
Mango Wheat from Anchor Steam (CA)
Yee-Haw (Brewing) Eighty Scottish Ale (Johnson City, TN)
Yee-Haw Pilsner
Wheat with Peach from Blue Pants (AL)
Highland (Brewing) Pilsner (NC)
Grapefruit IPA from Tailgate Brewing here in Nashville

August 2 - We attended a show at The Ryman tonight to see LP open for Bryan Ferry.  Before the show we ate at the new Lula Cafe which is attached to the venue. I had a Saison from Turtle Anarchy Brewing here in Nashville.

August 4 - I attended an IMAX showing of Suicide Squad tonight at Opry Mills (and yes Margot Robbie was the best thing about it).  Beforehand at dinner at the Homegrown Taproom I had a Classic Stout by Calfkiller Brewing over in Sparta, TN.

                                           
                                                  Here! Here!




No comments: