Tuesday, January 2, 2018

"And so this is Christmas, and what beers have you had..."

12/24 -12/25 - I got a variety 4-pack to take with me to Chattanooga for the holiday weekend.  I made some good choices as each one was very tasty.  I had the Narwhal Imperial Stout from Sierra Nevada Brewing (CA); the Prairie Paradise imperial stout from Prairie Artisan Ales (OK); the Rise and Pine dark ale from Uinta Brewing (UT) and the Mumbai Rye IPA from Good People Brewing (AL).  
12/24 - I met a couple friends, Chris and Bill, today to drop off some T-shirts I had bought for us and we met at Heaven and Ale Brewing in Chattanooga which thankfully was open.  I had a handful of 3 oz. pours that included their solid School of Thought Vol.1 pale ale; the really good One Trick Pony IPA; the interesting Love Nog imperial milk stout and the quite sour Gondorff's Pie Berliner weisse
Love my new beer coozy I got from my sister-in-law, Paige, for Christmas.  Now, how does she know I like to sit around in my underwear and drink beer???


More great Christmas gifts from Ashlee included this Craft IPA Shampoo and Conditioner from Duffy's.  Smells great, feels good on the old noggin' and keeps me close to beer all day! 
12/29 - 12/31 - I got another variety 4-pack from Lebanon Wine and Spirits for the New Year's holiday long weekend.  It included an excellent Peanut Butter Porter from Back Forty Beer Company (AL), a solid Flannel Friday red ale from Harpoon Brewing (Boston, MA),  a really tasty Cinnamon Roll spiced beer from Southern Tier Brewing (NY) and an OK Kentucky Old Fashioned Barrel Ale from Alltech Lexington Brewing and Distilling (KY).  


12/30 - My friend, Wayne, and I went back to see The Last Jedi again, this time in IMAX (as it should be) and I enjoyed it even more I think.  
After the movie I stopped by Homegrown Taproom for a few libations.  Saw my pal, Nate, there as well.  The three half-pints I had included the solid Country Boy IPA from Everybody's Brewing (WA), a tasty Scorched Hooker IPA from Calf Killer Brewing (Sparta, TN) which I had had before but never checked in on UNTAPPD, and a very, very good Barista Brew  (2017) coffee stout from Nashville's own Blackstone Brewing.  It earned me the UNTAPPD badge shown above which seemed appropriate given that I just left from seeing a Star Wars flick!  


12-31 - We went  to downtown Nashville tonight to ring in the new year at Acme Feed and Seed and they had a surprisingly good beer menu to choose from.  I had a good Golden Gate IPA from Napa Smith Brewery (CA) and a tasty Northern Lights IPA from Starr Hill Brewery (VA) which I had had before but never checked in on UNTAPPD.  
I ended the night and rang in the new year with a Smashville blonde ale from Wicked Weed Brewing over in Asheville, NC, brewed special for my favorite hockey team who I happened to be sporting my pride that night.

No comments: