Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Swine Flew Hits Lebanon, TN

Amen, brother, and past the pint glass. Lebanon, Tennessee, once again has a real pub and a real IPA on tap. From the darkened shadows that was once the beloved Lady Godiva English Pub here in my hometown of Lebanon, TN, - the home of Cracker Barrel (whoop-dee-do) and the home of no real beer store or bar that serves real beer up to this point - rises the Bunganut Pig English Pub and Eatery, a local "chain" with locations in nearby Murfreesboro and the original one in Franklin, TN.

My wife, Ashlee, and I went there for dinner last night after anxiously awaiting it's opening on...when else...my birthday, April 20 --- has to be a sign, don't you think? The food was good and the beer was....quite decent. They had Sweetwater IPA from Atlanta on tap which made me very "hoppy" since I had been wanting to try it on draught ever since having it recently in a bottle and loving it.

The place has some growing to do to say the least in terms of beer...they only listed their draught beer as "Sweetwater" and when I asked if it was "the 420" our ditzy waitress answered that "yes, it's only $4." Whatever, you twit, just bring it. When it happened to be the IPA, I knew it was destiny.

Long live the Bunganut Pig in Lebanon and here's to great draught beer on tap again just a mile from my house!!!

3 comments:

Craig and Alison Harris said...

Hooray for IPA on tap... but you didn't mention what kind of food they serve... I assume it is a bar-b-que place? Or maybe a Braut-barn?

Rob and Ashlee said...

basic pub food...sandwiches, burgers, shepherd's pie and the like...good selection of choices...

Rob and Ashlee said...

UPDATE: This pub's name has been changed to The Bull & Whistle...some kind of naming infringment deal-i-o I assume.