Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Spring into Summer 2015 Beer Encounters


May 7, 2015 - I met a couple friends, Chris and Danny, tonight at Butchertown Hall restaurant in the Germantown neighborhood near downtown Nashville for dinner and drinks before a Sounds minor-league baseball game in their new park that is nearby.

The tacos were awesome at Butchertown Hall and their beer selection is impressive.  I started with the Ashtray Heart (photo above) smoked beer from Evil Twin Brewing (Brooklyn, NY) which was excellent.  Next was the Weltenburger Asam Bock out of Germany which was impressive also.
The new Nashville Sounds park is beautiful and the beer is cold.
Nothing wrong with a cold PBR on a warm summer night if they are bring them to you at your seat!
May 9, 2015:  I met my friend, Mike, in downtown Chattanooga tonight at the new-to-me World of Beer bar and restaurant.  Their food is good and as their moniker implies...they have a "shload" of different beers to choose from.  I started with the Cannon Clasher Vol. 2 "Spanish Bombs" - an wordy-titled IPA from Burnt Hickory Brewing in Kennesaw, GA.  It was good stuff.  Next up was a Dirty Pecker IPA from my favorite TN brewery, Cool Springs over in Nashville.  Great stuff.  The Devil Dancer Triple IPA from Founders Brewing (MI) was next and it was good as well.  The Glazed Ham Porter from Flat 12 Bierworks (IN) was next.  Not bad.  I finished off the long evening there with a Curmudgeon Old Ale also from Founders.

Mike and I watched the Memphis Grizzlies in the second round
of the NBA playoffs get a win while we enjoyed our brews at World of Beer.
Ashlee joined us later in the evening and we moved on across the river to check out the new-to-us, Casual Pint bar.  Here I had the Brown Ale from Saw Works Brewing from up the road in Knoxville.  It was decent.
May 14, 2015 - I met my friends, Danny and Brenda, this evening before a showing of the new Mad Max: Fury Road in Nashville at Black Abbey Brewing for a couple of pre-flick libations.

This beautiful lacing is all that was left of The Special, a Belgian brown ale, and the Oaked Fortress dark ale.
I also had a sip of Danny's Chapter House which I was not impressed with but I appreciated his sharing...and his warning.
Awesome movie!!  Why was this not in IMAX??  

No comments: