Friday, September 19, 2008

Frugal McDoogal's Variety Six-Pack - Beer # 2

While in Nashville the other night, the wife and I stopped by Frugal McDoogal's - a large, local beer, wine and liquor emporium where I picked up six specialty beers from their group of mix-and-match selections.

The second one I had tonight was the Purist Pale Ale from the Appalachian Brewing Company in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Not great, but not bad. Drinkable and smooth but somewhat forgettable. Their website does show a lot of promise with a Scottish ale, an IPA and a wheat ale that definitely peak my interest. And I do like their wallpaper choices to advertise their beers....




11-7-08 additional post: I am pretty sure that is Bald River Falls in Tellico Plains, TN (I wanted to get married there, so I studied the area very closely), and not a PA waterfall, but it is "technically" in the southern Appalachians, so I will give them a pass.

No comments: