Sunday, September 21, 2008

Frugal McDoogal's Variety Six-Pack - Beers # 3 and 4

While in Nashville the other night, the wife and I stopped by Frugal McDoogal's - a large, local beer, wine and liquor emporium where I picked up six specialty beers from their group of mix-and-match selections.


I have actually had both of these next two beers before I started this blog, but they are good enough to (a.) drink again and (b.) log into this database. Terese's Pale Ale is brewed by Highland Brewing Company in one of my favorite cities in the world: Asheville, North Carolina. An excellent dry-hopped malty ale with nice body and taste. Their slogan at Highland is "Just a Wee Bit Different" but it sure more than just a "wee bit good."

I first had Rocky Mountain IPA back in April when I received it as a birthday gift from my brother- and sister-in-law who bought it at a great beer store in Chattanooga after asking the guy at the store to pick out their "best IPA" for them. Granted, it is a very good IPA or I wouldn't be drinkin it or writing about it, but I can't say it's my favorite. Of course that's the great thing about specialty brews - even ones with a particular brewing process like IPAs can still be different in taste and texture. Rocky Mountain is obviously brewed in Colorado and more specifically at Fort Collins Brewery.

No comments: