Monday, September 22, 2008

Frugal McDoogal's Variety Six-Pack - Beers # 5 & 6



While in Nashville the other night, the wife and I stopped by Frugal McDoogal's - a large, local beer, wine and liquor emporium where I picked up six specialty beers from their group of mix-and-match selections.

The last two beer soldiers to lay down their lives to my belly were Singletrack Copper Ale from Boulder Brewing, and the Fort Collins Brewing Company's Chocolate Stout. As the brewery names indicate these are both Colorado microbrews. The Copper Ale was decent but not worth any exceptional praise. I was much more impressed with their Hazed & Infused Ale that I blogged about a few days ago that was also in this variety six pack.

The Chocolate Stout was superb with great taste, smoothness and finish. I could be a little skewed in my accolades since I have not had a stout in a while during my recent IPA dabbling. Welcome home, son. This brew is from the same makers of the Rocky Mountain IPA in my last blog. A brewery worth a visit for sure.

1 comment:

Craig and Alison Harris said...

Mmmmmmm, STOUTS. Haven't had a good one in a while... I could probably use a Murphy's right about now. Yes, even at 8:55 AM. Too busy, too much stress lately for a guy like me.