Saturday, September 6, 2008

Harpoon IPA and Terrapin Rye Pale Ale

I have had Harpoon before but wanted to add it to the blog since it was before these writings began, and I do love it so. I was headed to the Poker Barn for a Saturday tournament and Craig is coming in Monday and said he wanted to try an IPA, so a beer run to Publix (sadly, the best beer selection in this one-horse town that I live in) was in order. I picked up Terrapin because it looked pretty good and I didn't want to kill all the Harpoon before Craig got here to try it. Had two Terrapins at the Poker Barn (busted out after a couple of hours, but at least I hit quad aces for a $50 jackpot). It's a pretty good ale and is brewed in Athens, GA --- seems odd that a brewery in the home of Georgia football would choose a Maryland mascot name. According to their website, the rye ale was their first concoction in 2002 and they mass-produce only two others. Harpoon is brewed in Boston and is fairly popular in that area despite bucking heads with the widely popular (and impressive to me for a common DOUGH-mestic) Samuel Adams.

1 comment:

Craig and Alison Harris said...

Had no idea you made such a sacrafice for me to try an IPA... wow, I'm honored, LOL.