Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sept. 13-14, 2008 - Take Three (Home)

In what was probably the lamest excuse to go out and buy beer, I bought two new six packs of beer so I could use the cartons to carry some bottles of Peach Nehi that I bought in a North Carolina convenience store for my sister-in-law, Paige's, birthday. Yes, she loves them and, yes, they are hard to find around here.
Now, back to the beer.

The two new brews I got were Bridgeport IPA and BBC Nut Brown Ale....both get thumbs up. I have had Bridgeport before when this blog did not exist, but it's definitely worth adding to the list and definitely worth buying again. An excellent bottled IPA brewed in Portland, Oregon who claim to be Oregon's oldest craft brewery. BBC stands for Bluegrass Brewing Company and is bottled in nearby Louisville, KY. I have got to get by there for a tour of the brewery next time I am up that way playing poker across the river in Indiana. This English-style nut brown ale started off a little rough to me but after a few sips it really settled in and had a nice finish. Gotta also try this on draught next time I am up towards Louisville.

While in Chattanooga for Paige and her twin's (and my wife) birthday, I also bought a six-pack of White Hawk IPA in a wine store there (because it's 7% alcohol - double bonus!). This great IPA is brewed by Mendocino Brewery in Saratoga Springs, NY.




This is their East Coast location and they also have an original location in California in aptly-named Mendecino County north of San Francisco where they claim to have started Califonrnia's first brewpub.

Batting 1000 with a 3 for 3 weekend. Not bad. Not bad.

No comments: